Terms & Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions for commercial retail booth rental agreement
(Hereinafter referred to as the Contract) at the 42nd North American Bengali Conference (NABC), also known as Banga Sammelan 2022 or NABC 2022 (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Conference’), between a merchant (hereinafter referred to as an ‘Exhibitor’) and the NABC 2022 Organizing Committee (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Organizer’).
The Conference will be held on July 1st through 3rd July 2022, at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, referred to as the ‘Facility’).
- All arrangements with Exhibitor for use of the Facility during the Conference shall need to be approved by Organizer before the finalization of the Contract.
- Exhibitor will be permitted to sell only the merchandise that is pre-approved by the Organizer.
- Exhibitor shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing the use of the Facility during the Conference. Additionally, Exhibitor shall comply with all applicable rules and requirements established by the Facility provider concerning the use of the Facility. Upon request, the Organizer may provide limited assistance to the Exhibitor in facilitating the procurement of documents pertaining to federal, state, and local laws as well as additional rules and requirements established by the Facility provider; but such assistance will in no case absolve Exhibitor of its responsibility under this Contract.
- Under the Contract, the US Exhibitors are required to and are responsible for obtaining proper Business and Conduct licenses including temporary sales permit and sales tax certificate. These documents should be submitted to the Organizer at the earliest, but no later than March 1, 2022. Organizer retains the authority to revoke a Contract for lack of proper documents. Upon request, the Organizer may provide limited assistance to Exhibitor in facilitating the procurement of these documents. Exhibitor must prominently display the sales permit and the sales tax certificate in the space (hereinafter referred to as a ‘Booth’) provided by Organizer.
- The Organizer shall provide each Exhibitor with one or more Booths (as applicable per Contract) of approximately 10 ft x 10 ft in size. Each Booth will be provided with a table, two chairs, and general ambient lighting in the designated area with a signboard displaying Exhibitor’s name.
- The rental charge for one Standard 10 ft x 10 ft Booth is US $3,000 (₹250,000) for the duration of the Conference. Exhibitors from India may please note that the aforesaid rental charges do not include GST. Premium booths are located in the high foot traffic areas. The layout of the Facility can be downloaded from the website.
- Rental cost does not include accommodation, food or transportation costs. Organizer will book hotel rooms if requested at least 90 days prior to event date and payment is made in advance.
- A minimum 50% non-refundable payment is required with the application by December 31, 2021. The balance must be paid by March 1, 2022. Non-receipt of the balance payment and/or all required documentation will lead to cancellation of preliminary allocation of the Booth. In such a case, no refund of any prior payment received will be made.
- There will be no refund for any cancellation after January 1, 2022. Before that date, refund will be considered with appropriate documentation. In case of refund, 50% of the deposit will be deducted for service charge purposes.
- Exhibitor must return the Booth in a clean “as received” condition without any damage or defacement. Additional charge will be levied upon Exhibitor if the Booth is not returned in as received condition.
- Organizer reserves the right to alter the layout to meet facility requirements and optimize space utilization based on occupancy.
- Should Exhibitor require additional facilities or utilities, such as data lines or phone lines, additional lighting, etc. it shall be charged for such facilities/utilities at a rate based on the Organizer’s rate schedule for such services. Exhibitor must indicate such requirements by December 31, 2021.
- Exhibitor shall obtain insurance coverage for damage, theft, or any kind of loss of merchandise as well as any accidental injury caused to its staff or to any third party within the Facility. Exhibitor shall indemnify the Organizer and hold the same, harmless of any claim and/or liability associated with the Exhibitor’s activity during the period of rental.
- The final Contract with a copy of the approved application form, with necessary amendments and/or modifications, will be mailed/emailed to Exhibitor upon receipt of the full payment and all required documentation.
- The Organizer will issue I.D. badges (2 per Booth) to the Exhibitor. These badges must be worn at all times to enter and stay inside the Facility.
- Exhibitor is expected to make its own arrangement for loading/unloading, transporting to/from the Booth, displaying and safekeeping of the merchandise. For loading/unloading and transporting heavy merchandise, Exhibitor may be able to hire, at its own expense, a contractor who is approved by the Facility. Exhibitor must use the designated loading docks for such loading and unloading.
- For exhibitors from overseas, applying for and obtaining US visa is their responsibility however Organizer will assist with invitation letter if requested.
- Exhibitor shall not engage in the following activities at any time in the Facility:
- Subletting or sharing the Booth without prior written approval of the Organizer. • Selling any kind of snacks, food or beverage.
- Selling or displaying balloons inside the Facility.
- Engaging in any activity (such as, display, lecture, canvassing, distribution of pamphlets, video presentation, etc.), which could be construed as an attempt to convey or propagate any religious thought or faith, or to advance any political cause or any activity, which may create racial or communal controversy or ill feeling.
- Selling or distributing any contraband merchandise, pirated goods, or goods produced in violation of copyright and/or patent laws of this country (USA).
- Engaging in any activity that could be deemed “obscene” or “vulgar”.
- Creating any form of environmental, chemical, and/or fire hazard (including but not limited to, use of open flame, storage of combustible and hazardous material, tampering or interfering with electrical lines, etc.)
- Engaging in any activity that may not be approved by the Facility provider, County, State or Federal Law. Non-compliance with any of the above restrictions will lead to cancellation of the Booth allocation and/or any Contract executed by the Organizer in good faith. In such a case, no refund of rental payment or payment of compensation of any kind will be made. Organizer will not be liable for any monetary loss of Exhibitor for cancellation of Booth allocation. The Organizer also reserves the right to amend and/or make any changes to the prescribed rules and regulations from time to time, in order to comply with the statutory rules and regulations as applicable under the New York State Law/Nevada State Law and/or in compliance with the requirements of the Facility provider.
- Any dispute between Exhibitor and Organizer subsequent to the execution of the Contract shall be arbitrated under the New York State Law/Nevada State Law. Exhibitor however understands and explicitly agrees that in no case Organizer will be liable for any damage, penalty or monetary award resulting from such dispute of an amount exceeding the total amount of rental payment paid by Exhibitor.
- Exhibitor acknowledges that its decision to rent the booth space at the Facility was solely based on the Exhibitor’s marketing plan and that the Organizer or any of its agents, employees, volunteers or officers did not make any representation or offer any explicit or implicit assurance or guarantee of any kind in regard to the number of attendees or the amount of sales expected.